Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Leap Year #2 - Update

Friends & Family,
This is the second update on the transition that Eileen and I are calling Leap Year! Our longing is to be the people God wants us to be and do the ‘good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do’ (Eph. 2:10).

I interviewed with the Board of Ordained Ministry concerning the ‘extension ministry’ appointment as a general evangelist last Thursday.  I am waiting to hear from them. I also have an interview this coming Thursday with Virginia Wesleyan College. They have a part-time chaplaincy position open, which may also fit the gifts and calling that God has for me.

 
Since my email last month, I met with the Evangelical Fellowship, which is a group of pastors and laypersons within the Virginia Conference of the United Methodist Church. Pastor David Ford graciously gave me some time to share with the group. Their response to my sharing about being a ‘Missionary Evangelist’ were and are a great encouragement to me. They prayed over me and read Scripture over me, which was tremendously affirming.

 
Two first-rate people have agreed to serve on the Board of Directors. They are Pete Kovalcik and Pastor Bob Weeks. Pete is a part of the congregation at Grace Harbor and is the Executive Director of the Luter Family YMCA in Smithfield. Pastor Bob and I have worked together at our multi-campus church New Creation UMC, for more than 5 years. The initial paperwork for the 501(c)(3) is with a lawyer, who is also a friend.

 
Thank you so much for your prayers, support and encouragement.


‘May mercy, peace, and love be multiplied to you’ (Jude 1:2).

Greg

No comments: