Saturday, March 06, 2010

COMMENTARY: Seven things I hate about U(MC) - Ted Campbell, Jul 16, 2009

When we critique the bride of Christ, it must be done in the right spirit; that is for her well being and conformity to Christ.  MLK Jr. said it well:

"In deep disappointment I have wept over the laxity of the church. But be assured that my tears have been tears of love. There can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love. Yes, I love the church. How could I do otherwise? I am in the rather unique position of being the son, the grandson and the great grandson of preachers. Yes, I see the church as the body of Christ. But, oh! How we have blemished and scarred that body through social neglect and through fear of being nonconformists."  from Martin Luther King Jr.'s Letter from Birmingham Jail

So good to hear someone speak up.  Thanks Ted Campbell.

No comments: