Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Leap Year #3 - Moving Forward!

Friends,

Good news, I have been approved as an evangelist! I do need to meet again with the ‘extension ministry’ committee in October for final approval on the details of how this new ministry will operate including the 501 (c)(3), the Board of Directors and the Budget. I am able to move forward with the new ministry though on July 1.

I have a 2nd interview at Virginia Wesleyan College about the part-time chaplaincy position this Thursday. I ask for your prayers for wisdom and the ability to articulate myself.
I believe God has gifted me in the areas of evangelism and discipleship. These are the parts of pastoral ministry that always ‘charged my batteries’. I feel privileged that I will be able to focus on these two areas of ministry. I have been involved in small group discipleship and evangelism for almost 20 years. A healthy small group is one of the greatest means of evangelism. It is the redemptive community that offers Christ in word and deed to the seeker. This is what I want to spend the rest of my life doing.

In the next month I will be working with Pastor Bob Weeks and Pete Kovalcik and others establish financial and prayer support for the ministry. There is no salary for this role. The District Board of Missions is considering covering our health care for 1 year. We are seeking people and churches to partner with us in any and every way! There are some churches and individuals that have already expressed a desire to support me in the role of missionary-evangelist.

I am super grateful for your prayers and encouragement!


May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.  2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

Greg West, Pastor

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Awesome news, Godspeed brother and family West!