Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Answering God's prayers

Maybe all of us have wrestled with the question, 'Does God answer prayer?' or 'Why doesn't God answer prayer?' The later question fails to consider that maybe God answers by saying, 'No'. But the new thought that's running through my mind is 'Do we answer God's prayers?' Follow me. If indeed, Jesus is the visible image of the invisible God; God clothed with humanity, then what about the prayers of Jesus? Are they not the prayers of God? He prayed, "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. . ." (John 17:20-21) So whenever we fail to draw near to God, to walk in the ways of Christ, we fail to answer God's prayer or our answer is 'No'.

No comments: